Mission, Vision & Philosophy
To support families and serve children and adults living with intellectual disabilities by:
- providing quality programs and services which support the development, independence and empowerment of adults, children and families
- working in partnership with adults, children, families, Society members and members of the community
- advocating for and developing a full range of community based services to meet the unique needs of each person and family
A community where all people with disabilities have equal opportunities to lead active, fulfilling lives and are recognized as contributing members of the community.
These philosophy statements reflect our values and guide us in our work with the people we serve, their families, our membership, our staff and our community.
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of each person.
- We value the contributions of each person.
- We believe in a community where everyone belongs.
- We believe caring relationships enhance the quality of life.
- We promote understanding and acceptance through participation in community life.
- We believe working together makes a difference and shapes the future.
- We encourage creativity and innovation.
- We build our service on a foundation of open communication, respect and trust.