Who We Are
North Shore ConneXions Society (ConneXions) began in 1956 when a group of parents came together to advocate for better social and educational services for their children with special needs. We have been dedicated to doing just that for 60 years.
As an agency, the interests and needs of the individuals we support are the foundation of every program and service we offer. ConneXions believes in enabling self advocates and their families to direct the services that they are accessing. We do all that we can to provide them with the resources they need to make informed choices.
Our services are collaborative, flexible, client-centred and highly accountable. Our ongoing commitment is to meet the individual and evolving needs of the North Shore community.
The Society is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are elected by our membership. Their responsibilities include setting the direction of the Society, developing our operational and fiscal policies and ensuring compliance with those policies.
The Board is an integral part of the way we do business. It maintains a close working relationship with the Executive Director and senior management team to keep the Society on the cutting edge of service provision.
The following community partners provide funding for ConneXions activities:
- British Columbia Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- British Columbia Housing Management Commission
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- City of North Vancouver
- Community Living British Columbia
- District of North Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- Djavad Mowafaghian Foundation
- Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance
- North Vancouver Recreation Commission
- Corporate, foundation, community and individual contributions